Did you know that your Samsung Smartwatch can have its own autonomous connection to mobile network and use it for Internet or Voice calls?
You have probably heard about new revolutionary eSIM technology…
The term “eSIM” or “Electronic SIM” simply means an embedded SIM card.
The embedded SIM is basically a small chip already build inside your eSIM ready device where the information is rewritable.
Then a “SIM profile” is loaded on it through a QR code to be scanned by your device. Then the eSIM act as like a physical SIM, you can load several profile and manage them with the application included with your device.
See Video example below. This demo showcases the simplicity of managing cellular subscriptions on wearable devices, using an eSIM (embedded SIM or eUICC) inside a Samsung Gear S2 (LTE version)
Basically all you need to do is to open Smartwatch application (like Galaxy Wearable) on your phone, follow the steps to pair your phone and smart watch via Bluetooth, when prompted, choose eSIM activation menu and follow steps to scan the QR code provided with your eSIM purchase. Your smart watch will connect to our network automatically.
Here is official SAMSUNG tutorial on how to connect Samsung Gear S3 eSIM: https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/sg-gears3-highlight-eSIM_ActivationGuide
Instructions for other eSIM Samsung smartwatches are similar, please refer to official online instructions.
Advantages of the eSIM technology are endless
- Instant delivery into your eSIM ready device
- Convert your device into a multiple SIM
- Connecting locally to multiple carriers
- Manage privacy for business and family
- Provide mobile capability to small device like Smartwatch
- and much more to come…
If you like to know more about eSIM for Smartwatches, try to explore these eSIM compatible devices:
- Gear S2 (LTE)
- Gear S3 frontier 3G (LTE)
- Samsung Gear S3 Classic (LTE)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (LTE)
- (NEW) Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (LTE)
- Apple Watch series 3 (with Cellular)
- Apple Watch series 4 (with Cellular)
- Apple Watch series 5 (with Cellular)
- Huawei Watch 2 Pro (4G)
- (NEW) Xiaomi Smartwatch
More compatible models are coming out each day, please follow up to date list at https://www.mobilitypass.com/sim/en/esim-compatibility