Set up as a standalone device
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds to turn on the Gear. When you turn on the Gear for the first time or reset it, a pop-up window is displayed
- On the setup screen, tap the question mark underneath the download instructions to display the Help screen.
- Scroll down to the message that reads 'If you want to use Gear without connecting to your phone, tap here' and tap here.
- Select desired language (English is pre-selected as default), then tap NEXT.
- Click the ✔ check mark to continue.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then tap NEXT.
- Follow steps to create a PIN, then tap NEXT.
- Wait for the device setup to complete.
- Follow the on-screen tutorial and begin using your device.
Connect the watch to a smartphone
- If you're connecting the watch to a different smartphone, you can use the Galaxy Wear app to back up and restore your watch settings.
- When you connect the Watch to another smartphone, the Watch automatically resets and all data is removed from its memory.
- Back up requires a free Samsung account.
- Follow smartphone connection steps for the Galaxy Wear app.
- Turn on Remote connection in the Galaxy Wear app.